The Student Experience
Student ideas helped inspire Stanford to create the new school and their input continues to shape its development. Our students are passionate about creating a more sustainable campus and having opportunities to engage in research and gain experiences that help them create a more sustainable world — whether in their professional lives or as citizens.
A few ways students have provided input as the school has taken shape
- A student committee provided input leading up to the school's blueprint
- Nearly 200 students participated in a deliberative polling event to discuss proposals developed in conjunction with the student committee
- A student advisory council is working with school leadership in advance of the launch in September 2022
- Fola Ayoola (PhD; Energy Resource Engineering)
- Evan Baldonado (UG; Computer Science, Environmental Justice minor)
- Sadie Blancaflor (UG; Anthropology)
- Emma Dolan (Co-term MS; Sustainability Science and Practice)
- Katrina Magno (PhD; Geophysics)
- Chloe Mikles (PhD; Biology, Hopkins Marine Station)
- Michelle Ng (PhD; Communications and Psychology)
- Christopher Noll (UG; Geological Sciences)
- Calli Obern (MS; International Policy)
- Terachet (Drive) Rojrachsombat (UG; Earth Systems)
- Nina Berlin Rubin (PhD; Earth System Science)
- Karli Moore (PhD: Emmett Interdisciplinary Program in Environment and Resources)
- Dinesh Moorjani (PhD: Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Are you a current student in a degree program that is joining the Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability? Are you interested in declaring a major in the school? See our Student FAQ.
Student clubs and activities
There are many ways to be involved in sustainability at Stanford.
Photo banner at the top of this page: A juvenile Minke whale, cruising the waters of the South Pacific, greets student sailors Daela Tipton and Neil Singh aboard the Stanford@SEA program ship, the SSV Robert C. Seamans.
Photographer: Hanna Payne