Leadership & Collaboration
Main content start
Leadership and collaboration skills are essential in all work environments. Learn to effectively manage cross-disciplinary teams focused on finding innovative solutions, while building lasting qualities of an effective leader.
- Articulate what effective self-management and management of others looks like.
- Build inclusive project management skills by working with diverse teams.
- Cultivate strategies for self-care, financial wellness, and balance.
- Practice professional ethics and academic integrity.
- Create an environment for yourself that generates interdisciplinary learning, innovation, and problem solving.
- Take the Gallup CliftonStrengths assessment, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, or CareerLeader assessment
- Take a course with the D-School: Designing the Professional
- Take a course or workshop with Mind Over Money
- Take a Stanford Continuing Studies course in project management, leadership, financial planning, or professional development
- Participate in SGSI: Stanford Graduate Student Summer Institute
- Listen to a talk from the Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders series
- Attend a Research Ethics @ Noon talk
- Attend VPGE Quick Bytes, Pop-Ups, and Leadership workshops (Managing Up, Negotiation and Influence, Crucial Conversations, Project/Time Management, etc.)
- Participate in offerings focused on leadership and collaboration (Pro-Seminars, Skillshares, Short Courses, workshops)
- Serve on a Department, School, or University committee
- Serve in a leadership role (GSAC, PDAC, SURPAS, Wellness Liaison, Community Associate)
- Join or start a new graduate student or postdoc organization, symposium, or event
- Propose, co-present or chair a session at a professional conference
- Develop a research project for SESUR, SURGE, or Young Investigators
- Complete project management professional certified training
- Apply for VPGE SPICE funds
- Participate in StartX
- Participate in the ExSeed program
- Prepare a business or collaborative research proposal
- Create an e-portfolio or professional website
- Update your CV to reflect your professional activities and experiences