Excellence in DEI Awards
The Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability Excellence in DEI Award is presented to recognize individuals who regularly go above and beyond what is expected to create a more inclusive, just, and welcoming community at the school.
If you work, advise, or study with someone who embodies these traits through and through, we invite you to submit your nomination by May 5, 2022.
We are looking for an individual who has demonstrated commitment to Stanford’s goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion through local or university-wide activities, community building, recruitment and outreach efforts, scholarship, teaching, managerial practices, or university service. The Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability Excellence in DEI award nominee also serves as a role model in building a supportive educational and professional community that fosters success and belonging for everyone, and enhances support and resources, especially for underrepresented and underserved groups.
Who is eligible for this award?
Nominees must be full-time staff, students, postdocs, lecturers, and faculty members.
What are the nomination criteria?
Nominees are evaluated on ways in which they perform above and beyond expectations in the areas listed below:
- Contributes to building a supportive educational and professional community experience that fosters belonging;
- Demonstrates commitment to Stanford’s goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Demonstrates exceptional dedication in supporting diversity programs in Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability;
- Exemplifies the respectful community policy at Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability and University values;
In addressing these criteria, please provide specific examples of how the nominee contributes above and beyond the regular duties associated with their position, demonstrates effectiveness that exceeds expectations in interacting with members of the Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability community, and advances our School DEI Action Plan.
Who may nominate and how do I nominate for this award?
- All staff, faculty, students, and postdocs in SE3 may nominate an individual for this award;
- Provide one (1) letter of nomination (one-page limit) supporting the nomination based on the criteria listed above while providing concrete examples. Please use the following filename format: Nominee_DEI_Nominator;
- Submit your nomination by May 5, 2022
Last Year's Recipient
This award recognizes individuals who go above and beyond their role to create a more inclusive, just, and welcoming community at the school.
Past DEI Special Recognition (2019–2021)
Meet the people who made long-term contributions to DEI efforts at Stanford Earth.