DEI support for graduate students
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is also a resource for graduate students and researchers within the Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability. We work to provide students and postdocs with the latest information on funding, conferences, and student groups to help them meet their academic and outreach goals. If you are a current student or postdoctoral researcher, we encourage you to explore the different academic and cultural offerings listed below.
- Mentor SURGE scholars during the summer through SURGE program
- Find community, mentors, and mentees at DEI Student Group Quarterly Lunch Meetings
- Participate in Webinars and speak to students across the country
Programs for graduate students
- Research University Alliance is a partnership between nine universities to ensure that underrepresented minority (URM) PhD graduate students and postdoctoral scholars have access to professional development opportunities.
- Diversifying Academia, Recruiting Excellence (DARE): This is for students from underrepresented backgrounds completing their doctoral degrees.
- Office of Financial Aid
- Graduate Student Support Funding: Funding for graduate students facing financially challenging situations
- Opportunity Fund: Financial assistance for FLI undergraduates with unexpected financial challenges and opportunities related to their academic or professional development
- Udall Scholarship: Geared toward sophomores and juniors who intend to become leaders across a wide spectrum of environmental fields, including policy, engineering, science, education, urban planning and renewal, business, health, justice, and economics. Students must demonstrate leadership in work related to the environment or Native American/Native Alaskan health care or Tribal policy.
- VA Education Benefits: Military-affiliated individuals (i.e. active, veterans, spouses/children, and dependents) can receive some financial aid via the GI Bill.
Academic and support resources
- Academic Coaching: Help with common challenges such as note-taking and time management for all students
- Career Education (BEAM): Career planning and job search resources for all students
- Center for Teaching and Learning: Training and resources for instructors and TAs
- Dissertation Bootcamp: For graduate students writing their dissertation, thesis, or other projects
- Educational and Cultural Center Resources: Resources and information for making community at Stanford
- English for Foreign Students: Courses for all students for whom English is a second language
- Haas Center for Public Service: Connecting all students with opportunities to serve local, national, and global communities
- Immigration Issues and Resources: Resources for international students
- Graduate Life Office: Support resources to support graduate students in non-academic areas of their life
- Graduate Diversity at Stanford: Resources and opportunities to increase diversity among the graduate student body
- Lathrop Learning Hub: Technology support and resources for all students
- Office of Accessible Education: Academic and residential accommodations for all students with disabilities
- Office of Inclusion, Belonging and Intergroup Communication: Campus resources and learning opportunities around social justice
- Schwab Learning Center: Support and resources for all students with learning variability/disabilities
- Stanford Against Hate, Student Affairs
- Student Learning Programs: Tutoring, study halls, coaching, and other resources for all students
- Undocumented at Stanford: Information and resources for undocumented, DACA, and mixed-migratory status students
- Vice Provost and Dean of Research: Resources for managing scholarly inquiry and research for all students
- Vice Provost for Graduate Education: Professional development, fellowships, programs, and other resources for graduate students
- Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education: Academic advising and planning, programs, funding, and other resources for undergraduates
- Bridge Peer Counseling Center
- Campus All-Gendered Restrooms Searchable Map (you need to select the option)
- Confidential Support Team (CST)
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Lactation Resources
- Loneliness & Connection
- Mental Health Resources at Stanford
- Recreation and Wellness
- SHARE Title IX Office
- Vaden Health Center
- Weiland Health Initiative
If you are aware of someone in distress, contact CAPS or the Office of the Dean of Students.